Monday, December 16, 2013

US Summer Internship/Au Pair Visas

The USA J-1 visa is an American visa that allows the applicant to participate in various exchange visitor programs whereby the applicant engages in skills training that can be applied in the applicant’s home country.

The USA J1 visa, along with the F-1 visa and M-1 visa, is issued in some circumstances for temporary immigration to America for students, discussed in full on the relevant pages of this website. J1 visas are also issued to those immigrating to the United States on a temporary basis to function as trainees in business and industry, research assistants, teachers and a variety of other non-permanent circumstances for relocating to the USA.

This page will examine the eligibility requirements for the J-1 visa when issued to those immigrating to the USA in order to participate in summer work/travel, internship, trainee, or Au Pair Exchange Visitor programs.

The J-1 visa, whatever the circumstances of its issue is a non-immigrant visa for the USA and as such, it will not lead to the opportunity to apply for a Permanent Resident Card for lawful permanent residence in the USA, or a US Green Card as it is more commonly known.  

Immigrating to America on a J-1 visa allows a foreign national to live and work in the USA for a limited period in a variety of capacities.

Applicant requirements
In order to obtain the necessary sponsorship for a J-1 visa either as an intern, trainee, or Au Pair, you must first contact a sponsoring organization within the United States.  

Please note that has partnered up with a J-1 sponsoring company that will assist in pre-placement or self-placement of summer work/travel, internship, and trainee programs in various industries in the US including a special internship program for nationals of the United Kingdom and Ireland.  
Please submit an assessment and inquiry for further information on this partnership.  Otherwise, a list of other designated J-1 sponsoring organizations can be found here.

Eligibility Criteria
The J-1 visa is designed for the non-immigrant visitor who is between 18 and 26 years of age; who are high school graduates; who have proficiency in spoken English; and who have no intention of abandoning his/her foreign residence.  

J-1 applicants typically include professors or research scholars, short term scholars, bona fide trainees or interns, college or university students, teachers, secondary school students, non-academic specialists, foreign physicians, international visitors, government visitors, camp counsellors, au pairs, or summer students in a travel/work program.  

The J-1 applicant can participate in an “Internship” whereby the foreign national is either currently enrolled in and pursuing studies at a degree-or certificate-granting post-secondary institution outside the US or graduated from institution no more than 12 months prior to the start date of the exchange program. The internship program is generally valid for 12 months.  
The J-1 visa applicant can also be apply for a “Trainee” program whereby the foreign national has a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in his/her occupational field outside the US or five years of work experience outside the US in his/her occupational field.  

The trainee program is generally valid for 18 months, except in the case of agricultural and hotel and tourism, which are limited to 12 months with certain exceptions.

Finally, a J-1 visa applicant can participate in an “Au Pair” program, which permits youth from abroad to be placed with American host families seeking child care. The au pair visa will be granted for an initial period of 12 months although a US visa extension can be granted for another 12 months.

Although au pairs will be living and working in the USA providing childcare services to their host family, they will be obliged to amass at least six semester hours at a recognized US educational institution.  

Applicants will also be screened for suitability, a process which will involve a background investigation, criminal record check, physical examination and psychological tests.

Host families will be expected to provide the costs of the Au pair's journey to and from the United States. They will also be obliged to provide bed and board as well as wages for services rendered. Au pairs may not work for more than 45 hours per week and in addition, they must receive one full weekend off per month and a minimum of one and a half days off per week.  

Where candidates are placed with young children additional requirements will apply. Where a child aged less than 3 months is present, at least one parent must also be present at all times. Where children are under two years, an au pair may only be left alone with them if they have amassed more than 200 hours of experience in infant care. 

Where USA visas are granted for working with families with special needs children, candidates must have experience in special needs care which has been reviewed and accepted in writing by the host family.  Au pairs will also receive lodging, meals, their own bedroom, and the cost of their round trip will usually be paid for by the host family.

The academic requirements for the American au pair visa are less than those for employment-based routes to the United States. Other non-immigrant visas such as the H1-B visa require postgraduate candidates as do many of the employment-based routes to Green Cards in the USA.  

Au pair visas only require candidates to have graduated from secondary education. However, due to the nature of au pair work, this USA immigration service is one of the most closely scrutinized exchange programs and potential candidates, as well as the host family will be subject to a range or screening procedures.

Two-Year Foreign Residency Requirement
Some countries impose a two-year foreign residency requirement upon J-visa holders in which applicants must return to their home country upon completion of their training in the US before they are eligible to apply for an immigrant visa, adjust status, change status, or apply for an H or L visas.  

However, an applicant may receive a waiver of the two-year foreign residency requirement under certain applications and circumstances.  Please contact our US branch office for further information on the two-year foreign residency requirement and any necessary waivers.

Spouse Immigration and Dependent Immigration
Depending upon the nature of the exchange visitor program you are participating in, dependant visas may or may not be available to dependants of J-1 visa holders. For more information on whether or not you will be entitled to dependant visas for your family as a J-1 visa holder, please contact one of our US migration consultants.

Specialized US Visa Classes

The United States offers a total of more than 60 non-immigrant USA visas covering a variety of immigration situations. While some visa classes are more popular than other, US Immigration recognizes that in certain instances, specific occupations may be entitled to their own special classification.

Below, you will find some information for a few "special" US visa categories and if you feel that you may qualify for one of these visas, we invite you to complete our online assessment or contact our US branch office directly at your earliest convenience. Our team of US immigration experts are fully qualified to handle all types of US visas.

P-1 Visas: Athletes and Entertainment Groups offers assistance with P-1 visa applications only when the applicant is either a professional athlete that has been offered a contract with a professional sports team/organization in the United States, or a member of an entertainment group when the entire group will be travelling to the US in order to perform.

P-1 Athlete visa applicants must provide documentation that the athlete/team is internationally recognized; has engaged in athletic competition with a distinguished reputation; and the competition requires participation of the athlete/team with international reputation.

Further, the petition must include a tendered contract that is issued by a recognized professional athletics or entertainment body in the United States, and the applicant must be contracted as an athlete or performer (coaches, managers, etc. are not eligible).

There are other significant criteria that a P-1 Athlete/Team or Entertainer Group must provide and you should contact our US branch office for further inquiry or by filling out our online assessment form.

P-1 visa applications are initially submitted to the USCIS in the United States for approval. Once approved at USCIS, the applicant must then attend a visa interview at a foreign US Embassy in order to receive their visa. Following visa issuance, P-1 visa holders may then travel to the US in order to commence their contractual duties with a professional US Athletic Team or Organization. Spouses and children of P-1 visa holders qualify for a P-4 visa and are allowed to accompany the athlete or entertainer the US, but are not allowed to engage in employment.

O-1 Visas: Extraordinary Ability

O visas are available to individuals that possess an "extraordinary ability" in the fields of science, arts, business, education, entertainment, or athletics.

Applicants must be able to provide evidence attesting to their high level of recognition within their field. Such evidence can include national or international awards, copies of relevant publications, and written testimonials from professional peers.

Dependants and essential support staff of O visa holders are typically eligible to receive derivative visas that enable them to accompany the primary visa holder to the United States.

R-1 Visas: Religious Workers

R visas are issued to religious workers who have been offered an appropriate position of employment by a US-based non-profit religious organization or a non-profit organization affiliated with a religious organization in the United States.

The religious worker must prove that she/he has been a member of a specific religious denomination for at least two years and seeks admission to the US in order to carry out duties as a Minister or other religious worker for an organization in the US in the same religious denomination.

Further, the petitioning organization must show that the petitioner and the denomination to which the religious worker belongs to share the same ecclesiastical government or relate to a traditional religious function as recognized within the religious denomination.

Petitions must first be approved by USCIS; once this has been completed, visas will be issued following an interview at a foreign US Embassy.

Applicants must be able to demonstrate "sufficient ties" indicating their intent to return to their home country once their R visa expires at the time of visa application; however R visa holders are entitled to pursue US Permanent Residency (Green Cards) while residing in the United States with an R visa.

TN Visas: NAFTA Temporary Work Permit

TN visas are US temporary work permits granted to citizens of Canada and Mexico under terms specified by NAFTA (North American Free Trade Act). TN visa applicants must possess a valid job offer from a US company in a skilled occupation, typically requiring a Bachelor's Degree, in order to qualify for TN visa issuance.

Once granted, TN visa holders and their dependants are permitted to enter the US for a period of 1 year for the purpose of temporary employment.

While dependants will not be authorized to work, they may attend school or training programs while in the United States as a TN dependant. TN visas may also be renewed every year as long as the required employer sponsorship remains in place.

I Visas: Media Workers
The I visa is issued to bona fide representatives of the media who are under contract with a recognized foreign press, radio, film, or other media company and are being sent to the US on assignment.

In order to qualify for I visa issuance, the purpose of the US assignment must be to report/document "Informational Based Material" only. The production of staged events or programs of a purely entertainment value are not permitted under the I visa class.

I visas are issued through a foreign US Embassy and are typically valid for the duration of the assignment’s status with one-year extensions.

Dependants of I visa holders are eligible to receive derivative I visas in order to accompany the primary visa holder while in the United States.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Types of visa to Vietnam

Vietnam Tourist visa: (short staying time) It's what you need to enter Vietnam! Available one-month single-entry visa (stay in Vietnam maximum one month). Tourist visa may be extended one time for 30 days after your Visa arrival in Vietnam. If you plan to spend more than one month in Vietnam, or if you plan to exit Vietnam and re-enter from Cambodia, Laos or China, you will need a one-month or three-month multiple-entry visa with the approval from local agents.  

Vietnam Business Visa: Business visa is usually valid for three or six months, allow single entry or multiple entries and the right to work. Getting a business visa has now become cheap and easy, although prices are about double those of a tourist visa. It is generally easier to apply for a business visa once in Vietnam, after having arrived on a tourist visa.

Student visas: A student visa is usually arranged after your arrival. It's acceptable to enter Vietnam on a tourist visa, enroll in a Vietnamese language course and then apply at the immigration police for a change in status. In reality, the easiest way to do it is to contact a travel company and have them help you make the application.

Visa Extensions: If you've got the dollars, they've got the rubber stamp. Tourist-visa extensions cost as little US$10, but it is easier to pay more and sort this out through a travel agency. Getting the stamp yourself can be a bureaucratic nightmare. The procedure takes two or three days and you can only extend one time for 30 days. In theory you should be able to extend your visa in any provincial capital. In practice it goes smoothest in major cities, such as HCMC, Hanoi, Danang and Hue, which cater to mass tourism.

Re-Entry Visas: It's possible to enter Cambodia, Laos or any other country from Vietnam and then re- enter without having to apply for another visa. However, you must apply for a re-entry visa before you leave Vietnam. If you do not have a re-entry visa, you will have to go through the whole Vietnamese visa nonsense again. Re-entry visas are easiest to arrange in Hanoi or HCMC, but you will almost certainly have to ask a travel agent to do the paperwork for you. Travel agents charge about US$25 for this service and can complete the procedure in a day or two. 

Monday, October 28, 2013


Whoever living in Zaire has Zairean or other nationalities which are not in the Vietnam Visa exemption list that must have Visa to enter Vietnam.

You can get Vietnam Visa in Zaire by two ways

1. Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival and Visa stamped at Vietnam International Airports by applying online in website

Vietnam Visa On Arrival is effective for citizens who are living far away from the Vietnamese Embassies and do not want to lose the issues (passport, money or documents) by postal mail

- Visa Administrative Institution: at Vietnam Immigration Department via applying in this website

- Processing time: 1 to 2 working days. In rush service you can get visa Vietnam in 30 minutes to 4 hours.

- Required Documents: No documents needed

- How does it work? Just access in website, fill the form online, you will receive a Confirmation Letter in a few minutes to know when you get the Vietnam Visa Approval Letter. Normally The Approval Letter is coming to you via email within 2 working days or from 4 – 8 working hours (urgent service), in 30 minutes (in emergency).

Finally you take this letter + your passport + 2 photos + stamping fee 25 USD dollars for single entry or 50 USD for multiple entries to get your visa at airport. Further information, please visit application process.

2. Get Vietnam Entry Visa at Vietnam Embassies in Zaire

Until now, The Embassy of Vietnam has not established in Zaire. You have to apply for Visa to Vietnam in person at Vietnam Embassy near around your country.

- Processing time: it depends on you how fast you need. But for sure, you should make a call to Vietnam Embassy near around your country for details.

- Required Documents: passport, money and 1 new envelope with stamp on it and your exact home address in order to avoid losing issues.


- Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has minimum 6 month validity and left pages.

- For visa on arrival option, it is applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam.

For any further information, please kindly contact us. We are willing and pleased to assist you at our best!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Vietnam embassy in Bouvet

Are you looking for location of Vietnam embassy in Bouvet island ?
We are sorry to announce that there is no Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam located in Bouvet Island at the present. We are pleased to inform you that we will update the latest contact information of the embassy/consulate of Vietnam in Bouvet Island for your reference.

Besides, we would be grateful so much if you could let us know immediately when you hear any further news.

Short name: Bouvet Island
ISO code: BV
FIPS code: BV
Language: Norwegian (no)
Capital: none
Please click here for Vietnam visa fees.